Artist commissions: email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
School contact work email: email@example.com
Date of Birth: 02/06/1979 Nationality: British
- Passionately teaching Art as a core subject to children aged 5 to 16, with a variety of special needs, successfully guiding pupils through GCSE, A-level, Entry Level, BTEC, NOCN, ARTS AWARD Art & Design, Photography, Design & Technology, Employ-ability Skills to gain grades C and above.
- Managing a spit roles between teacher and teaching assistant spread across all curriculum subjects.
- Building and maintaining a fantastic rapport between pupils and colleagues.
- Establishing myself as an ongoing, practicing artist. www.whoisfinn.com
Teaching Degree 2013
Teaching practice GTP - OUTSTANDING
Mainstream practice at Joseph Swan Academy, www.josephswan.org.uk & Cedars Academy, Gateshead.
ARTS AWARD 2011
Arts Award Adviser Status - leading young people aged 14 to 25 to gain Bronze and Silver Arts Award Qualification through expressive arts.
GATESHEAD COLLAGE 2009-2010
CACHE level 3 Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools.
UNIVERSITY OF SUNDERLAND 2003 - 2006
BA HON's Fine Art
FOUNDATION DEGREE Fine Art
THE PRINCE'S TRUST June 2006 - Aug 2006
4 months volunteering as a mentor of young people aged 16 to 25 with the Prince's Trust Newcastle.
NVQ Level II Mentoring and working with others
BLACKS SPORT AND FASHION LTD 1999 - 2002
NVQ Level II Human Resources,
NVQ Level II Business Administration
NVQ Level II Customer Service
Key Skills Communication – Information Technology
Level I & II Application of number - Working with others - personal Skills
USWORTH COMPREHENSIVE SCHOOL 1990 - 1995 - GCSE’s
Art & Design (B) Design & Technology (C) Double Science (C - C) English (C) English Language (C) Mathematics (C) Geography (D) PE (D)
CEDARS ACADEMY TRUST Sept 2008 – Present Day
Creative Curriculum Lead - Art & Design / Design & Technology/ Creative Media
Special Educational Needs Setting
- Creative Curriculum Lead - SITCC Over seeing entry of GSCE, Arts Award, BTEC, Entry Level...other qualifications for all creative curriculum subjects.
- Leading and delivering Art as part of the national curriculum to pupils aged 5 to 16 with Special Educational Needs (SEN), working towards keys stage 3 and GCSE’s AQA standards.
- Management of the Art department, auditing and heath & safety.
- Good organisational skills and exceptional motivation skills, dealing daily with children that have a wide variety of behavioral, physical and learning difficulties.
- Monitoring pupil’s behavior, on a one to one basis and up to 12 pupil capacity size classes.
- Daily lesson planning, term forecasting, pupil reports, updating IEP’s Individual Education Profiles, PIVATS and other educational framework. Lesson preparation using step by step visual aids and diagrams for the pupils to understand
- Maintaining an excellent rapport with all the pupils, resulting in the weekly running of 2 successfully after school art clubs.
- Gaining ‘Arts Award Adviser’ status.
- Links with The BALTIC art gallery and other local galleries and organisations to display students art works via exhibition and workshops. Working with local an well established artists to create artworks.
- Continuous professional development (CPD)
- BFL - Behavior For Learning. Analysing and monitoring students students behavior before accessing learning, setting in place rewards for behavior and allowing students to understand their own behavior and progression.
CEDARS SCHOOL Dec 2008 – 2012
Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant / Identified Support, Level 3
- Specific role created to working as part of the SEN Team, supporting and counselling identified pupils of any age, who are displaying issues and challenging behaviour on a daily basis within the school setting
- Managing pupil behaviour when and where needed.
- Successfully gained higher level CACHE level 3 Teaching Assistant Qualification
- Continuing professional development (CPD)
Children’s Support Worker – weekends and evenings
- Providing support to families who have children with learning difficulties and special needs, promoting independence in daily living activities, encouraging the children to develop their own personal skills and abilities. Dealing with daily confrontational behaviour.
CIC - COMMUNITY INTERGRATED CARE Jan 2008 – Dec 2008
- Providing support to 3 service users in their assisted living home, promoting their own independence in all daily living activities, maintaining accurate records in line with services users care plans and medication. Encouraging service users to develop their own personal skills and abilities and to maintaining and encourage high standards of health care and personal hygiene for individuals. Dealing with confrontational behaviour
ARTIST 2004 - presentday
- Specialising in a collage style of Pop Art, taking work on a commission basis. In store resident Artist at Maverick Clothing Newcastle 2006 to 2010, exhibiting art work in various galleries and spaces around the UK.
- Web design and modification for my own wed site www.whoisfinn.com
- Jan 2007 - Worked with world famous band The Wildhearts, to designing and create cover art for a self titled album cover www.thewildhearts.com
DEPARTMENT OF WORK AND PENSIONS June 2003 - Jan 2008
Part Time Administration Assistant
- Bulk Letter Forwarding, searching confidential databases for information on request from customers, data entry, training new starters
TRAVELING AUSTRALIA February 2002 – February 2003
- From Feb 2002 to Feb 2003, I spent a year working and travelling around Australia on a years working Visa.
BLACKS SPORT AND FASHION DIVISION LTD
Nov 1997 – February 2002 Human Resources Assistant: -
- Updating all employee payroll and personnel records for 350+ stores of First Sport, Blacks and Active Venture nationwide, gathering recruitment information and sourcing vacancies, inputting all details of new starters, leavers and change of circumstances onto the human resources system.
- Issuing contracts, producing monthly statistics and HR board reports
- Induction training of new office and warehouse staff, overview of health and safety and job role.
- Editor of the company ‘Blacks Sport and Fashion’ internal monthly magazine
SHINEY ROW COLLEGE - June 1995 – August 1997
Art and Design - first diploma
From leaving school I studied a first diploma in Art at Shiny Row College, gaining many new skills and experiences in photography, sculpture and art history.
I have a passion for music and in my spare time I enjoy playing guitar and searching for obscure records.
I also keep busy painting and developing my art, visiting galleries, keeping fit surfing and I am also a keen gardener.
ASK FOR REFERENCES